PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
- 2 leeks, trimmed of the dark green part and thinly sliced
- 500g white washed potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
1. In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil and stir in curry powder.
2. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally until the leeks are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock and turn the heat to high. Bring to a boil and add the diced potatoes. Let the stock come to a boil again before reducing to a gentle simmer. Add the bay leaf and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat take out the bay leaf.
6. Blend soup in batches and season to taste