PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1kg re potatoes
- Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 large sprigs of rosemary or thyme
- Salt flakes, to season
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (do not use fan forced) Peel potatoes and cut into 5cm chunks. Place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water.
2. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until just cooked.
3. Drain potatoes well. Return to saucepan over low heat until any remaining water evaporates. Shake saucepan vigorously to rough up surface of potatoes (this will make them crunchy when roasted). Alternatively, scrape surfaces of potatoes with a fork to create a rough texture.
4. Pour oil and butter into a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan into oven for 5 minutes or until oil is hot. Working quickly, add potatoes to hot oil. Use tongs to turn potatoes to coat in oil, then return to oven. After 40 mins turn potatoes.
5. Add herbs to pan a few minutes before potatoes are ready.
6. Scatter with sea salt flakes and serve.